Friday, November 11, 2011

Letter to an awesome friend

Christine,

Admit it, I am more awesome than you are. 'Nuff said. Hahahahaha! But seriously, you are awesome and phenomenal. Why? Because you just are.

We have known each other since Elementary but we only got close when we got to High School. Remember our "Pop" slow-mo version? The time we were accused of being in a sorority group? Hahaha. Anyway, my point is, our friendship started in a bit crazy way but it was uh-may-ziiing! And not a day goes by that I regret having you as my bestfriend.

You are the Robin to my Lily. The Ted to my Marshall. You have always been one of the most awesome friends I have ever had. From the beginning, I never remembered a single fight that we ever had. Petty fights, probably. But nothing major. And that's what amazes me with our friendship. Over the years, we have remained strong and wise and we have always been loyal to our friendship. I love you for that.

On your birthday, and for the coming years, I wish you even more happiness and blessings. I wish you get to have a stable job and be happy with it. Hehehe! I wish that you and your special someone will stay strong together and beat the odds that will test your relationship. I pray that you find the thing that makes you truly happy and that you stick to it. I pray that no matter what happens, you will never ever give up. Never. And I pray that you continue to be the awesome person that you already are. You are a blessing to a lot of people, Tine. You may not know that. But you are.

This composition may be long if I keep blabbering, so let me sum this all up in three things.

First, an excerpt from a poem by Sarah Kay, The Origin Story, to her bestfriend, Phil Kaye:
But I have seen the best of you and the worst of you and I choose both. I want to share ever single one of your sunshines and save some for later. I will tuck them into my pockets so I can give them back to you when the rains fall hard. Friend, I want to be the mirror that reminds you to love yourself. I want to be the air in your lungs to remind you to breathe easy. When the walls come down, when the thunder rumbles, when nobody else is home, hold my hand and I promise I won’t let go.
Second, I love you always. Forever.

Lastly, and this I say with honesty, You are the second most awesome person in the world for me. Next to myself. Hahahahaha. No seriously, Thank you. For being a great friend to me. I will forever be grateful to you. Always.

Here's to more laughter and adventures with you. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TINE!! I LOVE YOU!! <3 <3 <3




No comments:

Post a Comment